UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
POSITION VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT
University of California Cooperative Extension Central Sierra
Area Nutrition, Family and Consumer Sciences Advisor
Serving Calaveras, Tuolumne, Amador and El Dorado counties
4-H Program Representative I
Serving Calaveras and Tuolumne counties
The UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County opened their Sherwood Demonstration Garden for the second Season on April 1st. They have held many gardening classes there with many more to come. Come out and enjoy the garden and get some great ideas for your landscape.
Fridays and Saturdays
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Closed on rainy days or when temperatures reach over 95 degrees.
Garden Tips for August
- Continue mulching to conserve soil moisture and control weeds.
- Keep harvesting vegetables for continued production.
- Do the final pruning of summer for fruit bushes.
- Prune apricots to avoid Eutypa fundus. Remove about 20% of this year's growth.
- To prevent the spread of brown rot, clean up debris around fruit trees and pick up dropped fruit.
- Control salt build-up on indoor plants; hose off the leaves and flush the soil with ample water.
- Attach bands of corrugated cardboard around apple tree trunks to trap codling moth larvae.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.