UCCE Master Gardeners of El Dorado County
April 21, 2018, sessions run 10:00am - 3:00pm
at the El Dorado County Fairgrounds Marshall Building.
Garden Tips for March
- Prune grapes and roses.
- Cleanup: remove mummy fruit and blighted limbs on stone fruit to reduce brown rot. Remove and destroy fallen leaves to reduce peach leaf curl.
- Mulch cane berries, cut out all old canes and reset new canes in twine.
- Cultivate and pull weeds now!
- If weather permits, prepare beds for planting by spading in compost an soil amendments.
- Check irrigation system and perform maintenance as needed.
- Divide and replant herbs.
- To prevent sunburn and borer problems, paint young tree trunks with water based interior white latex paint 1:1 with water.
- Check dates of Master Gardener classes.
Got a Gardening Question?
Master Gardeners of El Dorado County are here to answer your gardening questions!
- Office hours: 9-Noon, Tuesday—Friday
- Phone: 530-621-5512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On-line: Ask a Master Gardener
- Walk-ins welcome: 311 Fair Lane, Placerville CA 95667
Bring a sample for identification, or drop by to ask questions. If you bring a sample, please put plant material in a plastic bag. For insect identification, don't bring them alive! Please preserve insects in a container with rubbing alcohol, or by freezing. Samples may be left at the main building from 1-5 p.m. Monday through Friday for a future call from a Master Gardener.
Master Gardener Calendar
Would you like a Monthly Newsletter and up-to-date information about Public Education Classes (changes) and Events from the Master Gardeners? Sign up on our Electronic Email Distribution List.